A cycling centre providing activities for all regardless of age, ability, or access needs.
- Bikeability Training – from balance bikes for young children, right up to adult cycle training
- Family Cycling Activities
- Bike Sales and Kids Bike Exchange.
- Bike maintenance sessions
- To book a session or find out more contact us
- Open sessions available weekly – just turn up on the day! (see ‘Open Sessions’ below)
The Family Cycling Centre is a purpose built facility with a large athletics track and other traffic free paths and training areas for a wide range of cycling activities.
The project is run for people of all ages – children and adults.
- The sessions are great fun, as well as being mentally and physically stimulating
- The benefits are huge – increased confidence and fitness; the opportunity to socialise and share an interest with others; a greater sense of well-being
- The cycling sessions are run by qualified Bikeability instructors.
The right bike is waiting for you
- Two wheelers – traditional bikes
- A Platform bike – for wheelchair users
- A Wheelchair bike – a regular bike with a wheelchair attached
- Side-by-side tandem bikes for two – for those with visual impairment or not confident with steering and braking
- A double-hand cycle for two and single-hand cycles – for those who have difficulty using pedals
- A Quad cycle – a fixed pedal, low speed very stable bike
- Recumbent tricycles – more stable than regular trikes, with added back support
- Tricycles – large, medium and small 3-wheelers
- Tiny trikes – suitable for younger children, one with back support
- Tagalong trikes – for children to be attached to an adult bike in front
- Many more! If in doubt, contact us.
Open sessions – All Abilities
When: Every Tuesday and Thursday
Time: Two hours, starting at 11:00 hrs
Cost: Adults £5 per person / Child £4 per person / Child (0-2) FREE / Accompanying Carers FREE. Discounted Membership – coming soon (Ask at Family Cycling Centre for more info)
Where: Old Whitchurch Athletics Track, Entrance via the car park adjacent to Action Indoor Sports. Bamfield, BRISTOL, BS14 0XA
Contact: For more information – call 0117 922 4383
Run in partnership with Wheels for All – part of the national Cycling Projects programme.
Summer Holiday 2016 Programme
For a full list of courses running over the summer 2016, click here.
Get in touch
T: Emma Downey / Janine McCretton 0117 922 4383