If you’d like to give cycling a try, before you buy – you can borrow a bike for a trial period, absolutely FREE of charge!
The Loan Bike scheme is open to anyone who lives, works or studies in Bristol, Bath and NE Somerset, North Somerset or South Gloucestershire.
About the scheme
Whether it’s for fun, fitness or for an easy way to get around, the Travelwest Sustainable Travel team can help you choose the right bike to borrow, help you set it up, advise you on the best routes to use and, if needed, organise some cycle training.
Types of bikes available
- Hybrid bikes – for city commuting and leisure cycling
- Folding bikes – lightweight and easy to store
- Electric bikes – partly powered to help you up those steep hills!
Terms and conditions
- Terms and conditions vary slightly by local authority area
- A deposit is required, but don’t worry – it’ll be repaid when you return the bike and its accessories
|Area||Bristol||South Gloucestershire||North Somerset||Bath and North East Somerset|
|Loan period||Hybrid & folding bikes – 4 weeks
Electric bikes – 2 weeks
£250 for electric
£100 for electric
|Payment method||Cash or cheque||Cash or swipe card|
It’s easy to join the scheme
- Just call the Travelwest Sustainable Travel team and tell them where you live and work
- If you qualify for the loan, they’ll then put you in touch with your local participating cycle shop
T: 0117 352 1105