If you’d like to give cycling a try, before you buy – you can borrow a bike for a trial period, absolutely FREE of charge!
About the scheme
Whether it’s for fun, fitness or an easy way to get around, the Travelwest Sustainable Travel team can help you choose the right bike to loan.
All bikes comes with accessories – D-lock, cable lock, lights, and pannier. If you require a helmet you’ll need to supply your own. The team can assist in setting the bike up, advise on the best routes to use and, if needed, book cycle training.
The loan bike scheme is open to anyone who lives, works or studies in Bristol or North Somerset.
Types of bikes available
- Hybrid bikes – for city commuting and leisure cycling
- Folding bikes – lightweight and easy to store
- Electric bikes – great for helping you get up those steep hills!
Areas and conditions to borrow a bike
|Bristol||18 yrs||FREE||1 month hybrid |
2 weeks electric
|£100 deposit payable in Cash or Cheque)
(£250 for electric bikes)
|North Som||18 yrs||FREE||2 weeks||£50 deposit payable in Cash or Swipe Card|
Terms and conditions
- Available to anyone living, working or studing in the Bristol Council and North Somerset Council local authority areas only.
- Terms and conditions vary slightly by local authority area.
- A deposit is required and repayment on return of bike and accessories.
How to book?
- Just contact the Travelwest Sustainable Travel team to make an appointment and collect your bike
T: 0117 352 1105
M: 07591 614 505
- Just contact the North Somerset Sustainable Travel team to make an appointment and collect your bike
T: 01934 426 404
If you are thinking about giving this a go, then you are not alone.
Last year, the Travelwest Sustainable Travel team loaned over 180 bikes to people like you. Many have since gone on to buy their own bikes and cycle more regularly.