Night of Adventure - Bristol
Monday 17 September 2012
Vue Cinema, Bristol Longwell Green
Night of Adventure is an exciting, sell-out event where an eclectic collection of first-class adventurers, from across the spectrum of explorers, daredevils and pioneers, come together to share their experiences with a live audience.
Each speaker is limited to just 20 slides to accompany their tales, shown on a huge cinema screen. The challenge is that each slide will automatically scroll forward after just 20 seconds. With this unusual and challenging presentation format, once the talks begin there is no stopping or going back, the audience must be ready to be swept from adventure to adventure!
Confirmed speakers include BBC TV presenter, marine biologist and travel writer Monty Halls and Tom Morgan, founder of The Adventurists, a Bristol based group "fighting to make the world less boring" through fundraising ventures such as the 10,000 mile Mongol Rally. Other confirmed speakers:
- Mike Hall who has just smashed the round-the-world cycling world record
- Belinda Kirk, founder of adventure network Explorers Connect
- Leon McCarron who recently walked 3,000 mile from Mongolia to Hong Kong
- Caver extraordinaire and organiser of the Wilderness Lectures, Dick Willis
- Gus Cannon who is about to spend 3 years walking 18,000 mile round-the-world and into the Guinness World Record books
- Charlie Speyer who cycled from southern Tasmania to Unst, Great Britain
- Antonia Bolingbroke-Kent who drove from Bangkok to Brighton in a Tuk-Tuk
Check out our Facebook page to be the first to know as we reveal more of this event's thrilling line-up!
Doors will open at 6.30pm for a 7pm start. The event is expected to finish at approximately 9.30pm. For specific enquiries relating to this event please email us.
Tickets cost £20 and can be purchased online using the form below, or by calling Hope and Homes for Children on 01722 790111. Any tickets bought on or after the Wednesday 12 September will be available for collection on the door from 6pm.