Health & Safety Advice
Organisers and partners cannot be held responsible for any injury or illness caused during or as a result of the event, or for any property lost.
You are participating in Bristol’s Biggest Bike Ride entirely at your own risk.
- Cycle with care - Bristol’s Biggest Bike Ride is not a race!
- Please note there are uneven surfaces including potholes on all routes.
- Adhere to the Highway Code at all times even when roads are closed off & traffic free - https://www.gov.uk/highway-code
- Be courteous to pedestrians, other participants and other road users, and remember there are young and less experienced cyclists taking part
- Choose a route suited to your ability, and consult a doctor if you have doubts about your fitness
- Unaccompanied minors under the age of 14 must be accompanied by an adult during the ride
- Be aware of vehicles at all times and obey traffic signals & signage
- Some sections of the shorter rides, and substantial sections of the longer rides are open to normal traffic
- Please take special care at junctions, Busy junctions are marked with a triangle on the maps, and these will be marshalled
- Please follow instructions from stewards and marshals when entering the ride start and finish areas, and during the ride itself; as they are there to facilitate smooth operation and to ensure everyone's safety
- Wear suitable clothing and equipment according to the weather conditions e.g sunscreen and hat; or water/windproof clothing
- Riders should think about their own safety and the safety of others during the event with this in mind we recommend you consider wearing a helmet
- Although there will be help with breakdowns provided at certain points along the Avon Gorge part of the routes, bring a puncture repair kit and basic tools. If you break down further out & are unable to repair your bike you will need to contact the Event Control Centre - 0117 904 0279
- Water will available along the routes but you are advised to bring plenty of water with you
- A mobile phone will be useful to make any emergency contact
- Please carry your EMERGENCY CONTACT DETAILS at all times
**EMERGENCY CONTACT DETAILS **
- In the event of a serious accident telephone Event Control : 0117 904 0279 who will co-ordinate the emergency response.
- If you are unable to get through to Event Control, telephone 999 for the Emergency Services.
- Please be aware that a Bristol City Council appointed photographer will be taking photographs during the Biggest Bike Ride event that may be used for future cycling promotions.
- By taking part in this event you are agreeing that photographs featuring you or your party can be used for this purpose.