The All Abilities cycling project aims to make cycling more accessible to those people who find it difficult to ride standard bicycles.
The project allows people to get involved in quality cycle activities that are both physically and mentally stimulating and above all, fun for all.
The partnership with Wheels for All is part of the national Cycling Projects programme – making cycling accessible to all by providing a range of adapted cycles, dedicated support plans and series of training packages.
All Abilities sessions deliver a range of benefits including increased levels of fitness and well-being, social interaction and confidence building.
Specialist bicycles are available at a purpose built park, suitable for people with a range of disabilities. These include:
- Duoplus – a platform bike for wheelchair users
- Davinci Wheelchair bike – a regular bike with a wheelchair attached
- ROAM double side-by-side social tandem for two
- Double handcycle for two
- Single handcycle x 2
- Quad cycle – a fixed pedal, low speed very stable bike
- Recumbent trike – good back support, more stable than regular trikes
- Three tricycles – large, medium and small
- Two tiny trikes – suitable for younger children, one with back supports
- Two tagalong trikes for children to be attached to an adult bike in front
- 2 x recumbents
- 5 x 2 wheelers
- Twister – side by social tandem for two
How to book?
To book contact: 0117 922 4383.
The location for all sessions is:
St Paul’s Adventure Playground
To find out upcoming dates visit our Events Page